Morning Sickness is that awful, icky feeling of being totally nauseous in the morning, but, let’s be honest, most women with morning sickness feel like sh*t all day. It’s most common in the 1st trimester when your hormones are RAGING (specifically hCG) and it should start to wean by your 2nd trimester. While not all remedies will work, you might find some relief with the following hacks:
- Keep Your Stomach Full: Give yourself extra time in the morning and keep some dried cereal or crackers near your bed so you can eat the second you wake up.
- Eat smaller meals more often: Eat portioned out meals throughout the day to avoid getting too full or too hungry. Because progesterone slows down the speed of digestion, you’ll also want to keep yourself from getting too full. Also, drink plenty of fluids before and after meals, but not during.
- Avoid Greasy Foods: We encourage you to give into any craving your preggo heart desires, but if you’re nauseous, you should stay away from grease and spice! Keep it basic and bland until you feel better.
- Eat tummy friendly snacks: Suck on a lemon, down some ginger (ginger-ale, tea, jam, snaps all work), sip some peppermint tea and keep those crackers handy. You WILL get through this. (we promise.)
- Roll It ON: Our Rescue Wellness Oil features a nausea relief aromatherapy oil blend, infused with ginger extracts so you can linger longer in bed…and not on your bathroom floor.
*NOTE: If you are experiencing EXTREME nausea and vomiting that does not go away, you could have Hyperemesis gravidarum (HG), a condition that doesn’t allow you to keep any food or fluids down and can lead to severe dehydration and fatigue. The symptoms of HG usually start within the first six weeks of pregnancy and can keep you from doing your normal day-to-day activities. If you think you’re experiencing HG, call your healthcare provider to find out how you can feel better safely.